PointWorks software is included with Acuity's AL-500 scanning LIDAR. PointWorks demonstrates the capabilities of the AL-500 and can be used to perform scanning and collect scan data. Scans can be displayed as they are being acquired or after collection. PointWorks is intended to be an example of the use of the AL-500 real-time programming interface, and includes a Windows executable and C++ source that can be used as a basis for application development.
Pointworks also provides interactive viewing of Acuity point clouds and data export in standard file formats for use with the many point cloud processing and solid modeling software packages available.
- Simple, one-screen control of all AL-500 capabilities
- Real-time graphic display of scan data as it is collected
- Scan data acquired and saved in native AL-500 format and exported to standard file formats
- OpenGL based interactive viewing and movement within clouds of tens of millions of points
- Depth mapping by color with any color cycle rate
- Clipping by min and max distance, angle, and Z, Y, and Z values for clear detail visualization
- Automatic or adjustable processing of oversampled point data for high resolution output
- Display of grayscale images collected with AL-500 scans
- Basic flyover demonstrates programming automated point of view trajectories
- Windows executable and all C++ source code included